External issue ID:1128
- possibly only on KDE 4.11.1, not tested on previous KDE versions yet
- Valid workaround known and shown below.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Using fresh install of latest Kubuntu Saucy Salamander Beta-2 with standard defaults.
OR If upgrading from a prior KDE change Application Appearance > GTK > appearance to Oxygen-GTK.
2. Start Singu and copy some text. The text I copied was click the Parcel Name on the status bar then highlighted the parcel name. Any paste or copy seems to do this.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- Expect that the copy (or paste) would work with clipboard.
- Instead see a crash with the GDB backtrace shown below.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Kubuntu Saucy Salamander Beta 2 (This goes release Oct 17 2013)
Linux itsuka 3.11.0-11-generic #17-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 1 19:42:04 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Branched off Aleric's trunk. Singularity Viewer 1.8.3 with has breakpad
OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev - 4482a75 (Unix/Mono)
Also happens in SecondLife
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (1600 MHz)
Memory: 12007 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.11.0-11-generic #17-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 1 19:42:04 UTC 2013 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.88
Viewer SSE Version: SSE2
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.6 c-ares/1.7.5 libidn/1.28
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: OpenAL, version 1.1 ALSOFT 1.14 / OpenAL Community / OpenAL Soft: OpenAL Soft
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Packets Lost: 0/9607 (0.0%)
Please provide any additional information below.
System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK (an icon on the left)
Set "Select a GTK2 Theme" and "Select a GTK Theme" to clearlooks
Backtraces and junk follow
Original reporter: jayden.b...@gmail.com